#Climate&CO2 #Business #International
By Clean Energy Wire – jornalism for energy transition
We are inviting: Journalists, journalism networks and journalism funders
07 Apr – 08 Apr 2019 Berlin
BUSINESS JOURNALISM IN TRANSFORMATION
SIGN UP NOW: The story of the energy transition cuts across borders and beats. One major angle is how businesses are transforming in response to the climate crisis. This is why we’re making business and the energy transition the focus of our second Global Energy Transition Journalism conference (GETJO). Clean Energy Wire CLEW is offering fellowships to the event for five members of the CLEW Journalism Network. Apply before 22 February to be considered.
Why hold a conference?
Business reporters often cover how companies are meeting new emission standards, or how they are innovating to fulfill the demands of the energy transition. But just how business and the energy transition are related to the climate crisis is often overlooked. And journalists who focus on climate change may also neglect the business angle.
After a first successful conference on the sidelines of last year’s COP23 in Bonn (check out the GETJO17 highlights here and the conference programme here), we will hold the second Global Energy Transition Journalism conference on 7 – 8 April 2019 in Berlin. The gathering will bring together journalists and other media professionals, foundation representatives and journalism researchers to address these questions:
- What do businesses do to fight the climate crisis?
- How are old, established industries transforming themselves?
- Who are the innovators? Who is leading, lagging or even working against the transition?
- How do companies act and shape the transition across borders?
- And what questions should journalists be asking to get to the bottom of the story and inform their readers?
Attending the conference
The conference is free of charge. Participants must pay for their own travel and accommodation.
Five CLEW Journalism Network members will be selected to receive fellowships covering travel costs (reimbursement) and accommodation (07. – 09.04). To be eligible, you must:
- Be a member of the CLEW Journalism Network. If you haven’t joined yet but would like to do so, sign up here now.
- Submit the registration form above.
- Send your idea on how business journalism should tackle the energy transition to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Perhaps you can draw from your own work as an example, you know an outlet in your region that already does great work on this, or you have a future vision of what best practices should be.
The registration deadline for the CLEW Journalism Network fellowships is Friday, 22 February.
All other registrations will be handled on a first-come-first-serve basis. We aim to process your application as soon as possible.
#GETJO2019 will take place back to back with the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue
If you would like more input from ministers and global business leaders, you can stay on for two extra days: The Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD), held at the German Foreign Office on 9-10 April 2019, brings together 1,500 experts on all aspects of the energy transition. Check their website for programme updates and how to seek accreditation.
The German Development Agency (GIZ) is also planning to offer a limited number of fellowships for international journalists travelling to the BETD. We will share their call for applications when it’s available.